- main news
- 8th Board Meeting
21 Sep 2016, Wednusday
8th Olympic Board meeting:
Nepal Olympic Committee held the 8th Board meeting on Olympic Building, Satdobato.In the meeting NOC Treasurer Ratan Kumar Tandan submitted a report on the Rio Olympics 2016. The management of the occasion and the performance of the participants were deemed satisfactory. In Rio Olympics Swimmer Sirish Gurung and athlete Saraswati Bhattarai two players had made the national record of Nepal, Nisha Rawal from Taekwondo with excellent performance finished seventh. Similarly, the youngest player to participate in the Rio was Gaurika Singh from swimming. Swimmer Sishir was third for U 18 side. Mr. Tandan also presented the board with the economic report.
Nepal Olympic Committee executive board took these decisions on Wednesday’s Board meeting:
- Nepal Olympic Committee is set to do their 2nd National Olympic Congress in December. 16 and 17 December, the second Olympic Congress is going to be held in Kathmandu. Similarly, the ninth general meeting will be held in Nepal Olympic Committee on December 15.
- For the preparation of the ninth general meeting a committee was made in the initiation of Vice President Purendra Bikram Lakhe. The NOC Secretary General Lama Tendi Sherpa, Treasurer Ratan Kumar Tandon, Deputy Secretary General Rajiv Shrestha, members Deepak Harsha Bajracharya, Sunil Shrestha, Ramesh Shrestha are the committee members.
- For the preparation for the second National Congress a committee has been formed in initiation of NOC vice president Jyoti Rana. The Treasurer of NOC Ratan Kumar Tandon, members Ashok Bajracharya, Samim Miya Ansari, Sanjeev Tuladhar, Ramji Shrestha and Dr. Saroj Krishna Shrestha are present in the committee.
- The board decided to give the responsibility of recommending names for the Olympian Commission to National Olympians Mr. Pushpa Ojha, Umesh Maskey and Sangina Baidya.
- For the 13th South Asian Games slated to be in Nepal, NOC members Nilendra Shrestha, Tej Bahadur Gurung and Samim Miya Ansari were given the responsibility to manage the necessary information.
NOC President Jeevan Ram Shrestha said that the preparation for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, Japan will improve as a 4 year calendar has been decided to be made for systematic growth of the players.