1. The mission of the Nepal Olympic Committee is to develop and protect the Olympic movement in our respective country, in accordance with the Olympic Charter.
2. The NOC's:
2.1 Propagate the fundamental principles of Olympism at national level within the framework of sports activity and otherwise contribute, among other things, to the diffusion of Olympism in the teaching programs of physical education and sport in schools and university establishments. They see to the creation of institutions which devote themselves to Olympic education. In particular, they concern themselves with the establishment and activities of National Olympic Academies, Olympic Museums and cultural programs related to the Olympic Movement.
2.2 Ensure the observance of the Olympic Charter in their countries.
2.3 Encourage the development of high performance sport as well as sport for all.
2.4 Help in the training of sports administrators by organizing courses and ensure that such courses contribute to the propagation of the fundamental principles of Olympism.
2.5 Commit themselves to taking action against any form of discrimination and violence in sport.
2.6 Shall fight against the use of substances and procedures prohibited by the IOC or the IFs, in particular by approaching the competent authorities of their country so that all medical controls may be performed in optimum conditions.
3. The NOCs have the exclusive powers for the representation of their respective countries at the Olympic Games and at the regional, continental or world multi-sports competitions patronized by the IOC.
4. The NOCs have the authority to designate the city which may apply to organize Olympic Games in their respective countries.
5. The NOCs must work to maintain harmonious and cooperative relations with appropriate governmental bodies; they must also contribute effectively to the establishment of programs for the promotion of sport at all levels. As sport contributes to education, health, the economy and social order, it is desirable for the National Olympic Committees to enjoy the support of the public authorities in achieving their objectives. Nevertheless, the NOCs shall preserve their autonomy and resist all pressures of any kind, including those of a political, religious or economic nature, that may prevent them from complying with the Olympic Charter.
6. NOCs have the right to:
6.1 Formulate proposals addressed to the IOC concerning the Olympic Charter and the Olympic Movement in general, including the organizing and the holding of the Olympic Games.
6.2 Give their opinions concerning the candidatures of the organization of the Olympic Games.
6.3 Collaborate in the preparation of the Olympic Congress.
6.4. Participate, on request from the IOC, in the activities of the IOC commissions.
7. The IOC helps the NOCs fulfill their mission through its various departments and Olympic Solidarity.
8. In order to fulfill their mission, the NOCs may cooperate with governmental or non-governmental bodies. However, they must never associate themselves with any activity which would be in contradiction with the Olympic Charter.
9. Apart from the measures and sanctions provided in case of infringement of the Olympic Charter, the IOC may, after having heard an NOC, suspend it or withdraw its recognition from it.
9.1 If the making or expression of the will of the national federations or other entities belonging to such NOC or represented within it is hampered by the effect of legal provisions or regulations in force in the country concerned or by acts of other entities within such country, whether sporting or otherwise.