March 16, 2020
Nepal Olympic Committee held a board meeting in Pokhara on March 16, 2020 chaired by President of NOC/ Member of Parliament Hon. Jeevan Ram Shrestha. This was the 3rd Board meeting of the newly elected board.
NOC Commission were formed for 2019- 2023
- Women & Sports Commission : Ms. Jyoti Rana, Chairperson
- Culture Commission: Mr. Ramji Bahadur Shrestha, Chairperson
- Marketing and Sponsor Commission : Mr. Gopal Sundar Lal Kakshapati, Chairperson
Mr. Tashi Ghale, Member
Coordinators to work in the Provinces of Nepal were assigned:
- Sports for All Commission : Mr. Bishnu Gopal Shrestha, Chairperson
- Medical Commission : Dr. Saroj Krishna Shrestha, Chairperson
- Sports Psychology Commission: Mr. Indra Gurung, Chairperson
- Peace Through Sports Commission: Mr. Ramesh Maharjan, Chairperson
- Sports & Environment Commission: Mr. Govardhan Shrestha, Chairperson
- Information and Statics Commission: Mr. Mohan Nepal, Chairperson
Work Authorities were distributed:
- Province No. 1: Mr. Pitamber Timshina, Coordinator
- Province No. 2: Mr. Ashok Ratna Bajracharya, Coordinator
Mr. Ramji Bahadur Shrestha, Member
Mr. Prakash Samsher Rana, Member
- Bagmati Province: Mr. Sunil Bahadur Shrestha, Coordinator
- Gandaki Province: Mr. Tej Bahadur Gurung, Coordinator
Mr. Tashi Ghale, Member
- Province no. 5 : Honorable Kumari Tulsi Thapa, Coordinator
Mr. Dirgha Bahadur K.C, Member
- Karnali Province: Mr. Deepak Harsha Bajracharya, Coordinator
- Sudhurpaschim Province: Mr. Ratan Tandon, Coordinator
- National Games & Championships
- Mr. Pitamber Timshina, Coordinator
- Mr. Ramji Bahadur Shrestha, Member
- Mr. Dirgha Bahadur KC, Member
- International Games
- Mr. Nilendra Raj Shrestha, Coordinator
- National Programs
- Mr. Ashok Ratna Bajracharya, Coordinator
- Mr. Deepak Harsha Bajracharya, Member
- Mr. Ramesh Shiwakoti, Member
- Mr. Ram Awale, Member
- NRNA Co-ordination
- Mr. Tej Bahadur Gurung, Coordinator
- National Association Co-ordination
- Mr. Chaturananda Raj Baidhya, Coordinator
- Mr. Hom Dong, Member
- In accordance of the NOC Constitution (Chapter no. 9) Paragraph no. 37 the Board decided to create a role of Executive Director in order to run NOC's Routine Administration VP of NOC Mr. Chaturananda Raj Baidhya was appointed as ED of NOC.
- In accordance of the NOC Constitution (Chapter no. 6) Paragraph no. 24.6.1 the title of Honorary President of the NOC is given to past president of NOC Mr. Rukma Samsher Rana and Mr. Dhruba Bahadur Pradhan.
- In accordance of the NOC Constitution (Chapter no. 6) Paragraph no. 24.6.2 the title of Advisers of NOC are given to Former Minister Hon. Purshottam Paudel and Hon. Sarat Singh Bhandari. The title of Legal Adviser of NOC is given to Senior Advocate Mr. Lok Bhakta Rana.
- NOC declared a "NOC award" will be given every year on GA with Cash Prize of Rs. 25,000 to the deserving candidate of following sectors:
- Written Journalist
- Photo Journalist
- Online Journalist
- Television Journalist
- 3 National Federations
- Best Female Athlete
- Best Male Athlete
- Every 2 year National Sports Congress will be held.
- The board also gave its best wishes to our former Secretary General of NOC Mr. Lama Tendi Sherpa for his fast recovery on his health condition.
- Yearly program of National Sports Forum will be organized.
- A huge celebration of Olympic Day will be celebrated every year.
- An Olympic festival will be celebrated in the year of Summer Olympics.
- Through different Olympic Solidarity Course and sports program NOC will help the Athletes and Trainers.
- For the Successful Completion of the 13th South Asian Games NOC EB members also gave its thanks and Congratulations to Youth and sports Minister Honorable Jagat Bahadur Bishwokarma, Member Secretary of NSC Mr. Ramesh Silwal, all the stakeholders from Pokhara as well as Janakpurdham.
- NOC EB members gave its thanks and Congratulation to all the Winners of the 13th SAG their Coaches and the respective Federations.
- A vote of Thanks and Congratulation to the Chef De Mission of 13th SAG Mr. Pitamber Timshina, Deputy Secretary of NOC and Deputy Chef De Mission of SAG Mr. Tej Bahadur Gurung,Vice President of NOC and Mr. Rim Ranabhat for completing their responsibility.
- A vote of thanks to the media and Journalists who helped in the successful completion of 13th SAG, 2019.
- A vote of thanks and Congratulation to Badminton Player Mr. Prince Dahal for making our country proud by securing the 7th Place in the Junior World Ranking.
Finally, best wishes to good health and long life to the Prime Minister of Nepal Rt. Honorable Khadga Prasad Oli after his successful Kidney Transplant.
The Board meeting was held in Mountain Glory Forest and Spa, Pokhara where all 19 EB Members were present.